Monday, February 22, 2010

Create Change HP Contest

As part of HP’s Create Change program where they are giving away a laptop and printer, I am presented with the following question:  What are you or will you be doing in 2010 to create change and how will winning this technology bundle help your efforts?"

In 2010 I hope to inspire not only the students I teach but my co-workers in using the latest Web 2.0 technology to add a level of advancement to their lives. 

This laptop and printer bundle would enable me to  travel between home and school and readily allow others to try hands on application of the concepts I often teach and share in the computer lab.  I can see students being excited to use a laptop in my room that is similar to what they might want at home.  I can also imagine going to a teacher's rooms to show/not just tell them how technology can advance their lives and even help them save money as well as time.


While I know so many are deserving of this technology, what sets me apart from others is my capability and desire to share it with a large amount of very well deserving folks.  I am afforded the daily opportunity to share with over one hundred students a day and at least thirty -possibly more adults pass by my way.


At the end of the day, the laptop and printer would assist me in keeping my teachercent.blogspot.com blog an open forum for sharing money saving tips and teach basic technology concepts with my readers.


Thank you for the chance to dream!

**********
Starting February 23rd, you will be able to vote for your favorite entry. Whoever gets the most votes wins! Voting will officially end on February 28th at 11:59 PM EST. Winner will be announced on March 1st. US entries only, please.  Please check out all the entries including mine on www.jollymom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for sharing a comment about my post!